Last updated June 04, 2018
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community at Kindle Nation Daily (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information collected through our Apps
We may collect information regarding your mobile device, push notifications, when you use our apps.
Mobile Device Access – We may request access or permissions for certain features in your mobile device, including sms messages and other features. This access is limited to the permissions or features needed to run our app. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so through your device settings or by deleting the app.
Push Notifications – We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or our application. If you wish to opt-out of these types of communications you can do so through your account or on your devices settings.
Information collected from other sources
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings such as sponsored links.
How do we use your Information?
We process your information for purposes on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”).
- To facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. You can opt out or change your options at anytime through your account settings.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To fulfill and manage your orders, payment, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites or Apps
- Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location to measure its effectiveness.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as the response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.)
- Vital interests and legal rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and other third-party service providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described by this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Cookies and other tracking technologies.
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How we keep your information safe
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organization and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measure designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com
What are your privacy rights?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
- Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites or Apps. We recommend you allow the cookies to best utilize the Sites or Apps features.
- To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites or Apps visit; http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may: Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
- Access your account settings and update preferences.
Do California or European Union residents have specific privacy rights?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with
which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites or Apps.
If you are a resident of one of the countries based in the European Union the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances.
To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California or are part of the European Union. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Every daily email message that we send contains an Unsubscribe link. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please use this link to unsubscribe. If you wish to change your email preferences, you may do so by using the Update Your Preferences link.
Updates to this policy
We will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Contact us about this policy
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Kindle Nation Daily
350 Massachusetts Avenue #152
Arlington, MA 02474 United States