Family Kindle Daily Deal
The Great Holiday Slow Cooker Book: 32 Easy, Delicious Recipes Worth Celebrating in Every Size of Machine
Love your slow cooker for easy weeknight meals? The authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book show it’s a lifesaver during the holidays, too!
From the authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book, here are 32 all-new recipes that harness this kitchen appliance’s unique power to feed a crowd effortlessly. Best of all, each recipe features ingredient lists scaled for every size of slow cooker, from small 3-quarts to large 8-quarts.
This collection includes recipes for every holiday moment:
• Wake Up for the Big Day: Thanksgiving Morning Porridge; Blackberry Streusel Coffee Cake; Onion and Apple Strata with Cranberry Nut Bread; Marmalade French Toast; Brandied Cranberry Applesauce
• Holiday Soups: Cream of Artichoke Soup; Celery Root Soup; Honeyed Pear Soup; Deli-Perfect Chicken Soup
• Main Course Celebrations: Short Ribs Braised with Brandy and Cream; Beer-Braised Chili; Sauerbraten-Style Brisket; Corned Beef and Cabbage with Horseradish Sauce; Cider-Braised Ham; Pear-Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon; Coq Au Vin with Carrots and Onions; Turkey Breast with Classic Gravy; Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash; Capon Braised with Pine Nuts and Raisins; Lobster Tails in Vanilla Butter; Mussels with Apples and Brandy; Oyster Dressing; Shrimp Gumbo
• Vegetable Sides and Mains: Vegetable Tzimmes; Apple and Chestnut Dressing; Corn on the Cob; Braised Sweet Potatoes; Orange-Glazed Carrots with Pecans
• Desserts: Pumpkin Pudding; White Chocolate Pot de Crème; Steamed Christmas Cake; Pear Brown Betty
Even when you’re playing host to a crowd, now you can make batches of soup, side dishes, and even spectacular main courses without crowding your oven.
Kindle Kids Deal are sponsored by this week’s Kids Corner Book of The Week:
“Reader, hang on for dear life. Sawkill Girls is a wild, gorgeous, and rich coming-of-age story about complicity, female camaraderie, and power.” —Sarah Gailey, author of River of Teeth
“An eerie, atmospheric assertion of female strength.” —Mindy McGinnis, author of The Female of the Species
From the New York Times bestselling author of Furyborn comes a breathtaking and spine-tingling novel about three teenage girls who face off against an insidious monster that preys upon young women. Perfect for fans of Victoria Schwab and Stranger Things.
Who are the Sawkill Girls?
Marion: The newbie. Awkward and plain, steady and dependable. Weighed down by tragedy and hungry for love she’s sure she’ll never find.
Zoey: The pariah. Luckless and lonely, hurting but hiding it. Aching with grief and dreaming of vanished girls. Maybe she’s broken—or maybe everyone else is.
Val: The queen bee. Gorgeous and privileged, ruthless and regal. Words like silk and eyes like knives; a heart made of secrets and a mouth full of lies.
Their stories come together on the island of Sawkill Rock, where gleaming horses graze in rolling pastures and cold waves crash against black cliffs. Where kids whisper the legend of an insidious monster at parties and around campfires. Where girls have been disappearing for decades, stolen away by a ravenous evil no one has dared to fight…until now.