- eBook Title: Football Hero
- Author’s Name: Tim Green
- Kindle Price: $5.99
- Kindle Kids Corner Reviewer Name: Cochran L.
- Reviewer’s grade level: 7th
This is a great book if you are a football lover. Troy is a twelve year old backup quarterback for the Tigers. He has an amazing skill and can literally read the other team’s minds. However, Jamie Renfro, the coach’s son, is the starting quarterback instead of Troy. This book tells the story of Troy’s fight to win the state championship. Also, Troy’s mom’s boyfriend is Seth Hallaway, an all star linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons. (Troy’s dad left his mom when he was born.) Troy also uses his gift to secretly call plays for the Atlanta Falcons.
If you love football, you must read this book. As a football lover, I really enjoyed this book because I wish I could do what Troy does. I would recommend this book to boys in the fifth to eighth grades. Since I like sports, this book was exciting to me.
- Educational Value: Educational Value: 3 out of 5 – I rate this book a three because it teaches the reader about real life more than just learning the typical subjects in school. It teaches you the right and wrong ways to respond to a bully. It also shows the reader how to handle some of life’s problems.
- Entertainment Value: 5 out of 5 – I rate this book a five because I am really into football. If you think football is just average, you may may not like it. Also, Troy and I both come from similar homes.
- Device on Which This Book Was Read: Hardcover
- Date Review Filed: March 25, 2011
- Teacher Name: Deana Rogers
- Date of Teacher Checkoff: April 21, 2011