- eBook Title: Priscilla the Great
- Author’s Name: Sybil Nelson
- Kindle Price: $4.99
- Kindle Kids Corner Reviewer Name: Haley M.
- Author’s grade level: 7th
Haley’s Review: In Sybil Nelson’s book, Priscilla the Great, main character Priscilla Sumner only thinks her life is normal. She is a twelve year old in the seventh grade with baby brothers who can’t stay out of trouble, an older brother who’s obsessed with Christina Auguilera, an over-protective dad, and a mom who’s hardly ever around.
Priscilla soon finds out she is not like all the other classmates, including her best friend, Tia. Priscilla learns that she can shoot fire from her fingers. Priscilla believes the fire is triggered by her attraction to a guy, but she soon finds this and other powers are inherited from her mom. Her new found knowledge leads to more discoveries about her mom and the mysterious Selliwood Institute.
In the end, Priscilla will have to fight genetically enhanced assassins who are out to kill her and her family. Can she save her family, friend, the children of Selliwood, and get the guy? Read to find out!
Personally, I recommend Priscilla the Great to all girls, but I believe girls in the 5th through 8th grade would be most interested in this book. I love this book so much because it included action, adventure, and romance.
- Educational Value: 2 out of 5. I would rate Priscilla the Great a 2 for educational value. It taught me very little about the “real word,” but it was extremely entertaining!
- Entertainment Value: 5 out of 5. Priscilla the Great has to be my all time favorite book! I would definitely rate it a five out of five for entertainment. It was packed with adventure.
- Device on Which This Book Was Read: Kindle
- Date Review Filed: March 18, 2011
- Teacher Name: Deana Rogers
- Posted at Kindle Kids’ Corner for Monday, March 21, 2011