(Editor’s Note: This book was a big hit with reviewer Margaret Ruth O. and the price was right at just 99 cents in the Kindle Store! Thanks for a nice job, Margaret! -Steve Windwalker)
- eBook Title: Calling
- Author’s Name: K. R. Schulteis
- Kindle Price: $0.99
- Kindle Kids Corner Reviewer Name: Margaret Ruth O.
- Grade level of Reviewer: 6th Grade
Margaret’s Review: Have you ever wondered what it would be like to read some one’s emotions? Michael Westphal can. To him, it seems both a blessing and a curse. After his mother dies, his uncle moves him to Friendship, Wisconsin, a town that “small” doesn’t even begin to describe. His new trigonometry class soon becomes the least of his problems as he discovers the truth about his bloodline. He is half angel. He must now decide between saving the world from soulless monsters or keeping the life he once took for granted. What will Michael choose?
I would recommend this book for students ages 13 and up. There is nothing lurid or disgusting in the book, but it takes maturity to understand some of the content. Once the story plot started rolling, I was personally enthralled and refused to put it down until I was finished.
- Educational Value: 3 out of 5. I believe the educational value of Calling would be ranked a 3 because of its frequent use of Biblical content.
- Entertainment Value: 5 out of 5. The entertainment value of Calling is a 5. Although it takes a while to get “into” the book, once you do, you can’t stop reading!
- Device on Which This Book Was Read: Kindle
- Date Review Filed: March 7, 2011
- Teacher Name: Deana Rogers
- Posted at Kindle Kids’ Corner for Monday, March 17, 2011