- eBook Title: The Lemonade War
- Author’s Name: Jacqueline Davies
- Reviewer’s grade level: 5th
- Kindle Price: 4.79
- Kindle Kids Corner Reviewer Name: Courtney C.
In this book a brother and sister, Evan and Jessie, have a war. It happened at the end of their summer break, and Jessie was getting moved up to Evan’s class because the classes were so small they were going to be combined. They have a war to see who could sell the most lemonade. Of course, there has to be some sneaking around as they spied on one another. The deal was whoever got the most money kept all of the money. They would see who won at the fireworks show. You will have to read the book to find out who that will be.
I recommend this book for someone who is ready for summer vacation. It made me crave lemonade and want to have a swimming party. I love lemonade stands and swimming. I recommend this book for 6th grade students and younger.
- Educational Value: 3 out of 5 – The book taught some math and also that you should not take personal belongings from someone because they might get stolen.
- Entertainment Value: 5 out of 5 – This book rated a 5 in entertainment value because it was full of action and drama. It was also funny and had a great competition when they tried to outdo each other by selling lemonade.
- Device on Which This Book Was Read: Kindle
- Date Review Filed: May 12, 2011
- Teacher Name: Deana Rogers
- Date of Teacher Checkoff: May 20, 2011