- eBook Title: Just One of the Guys
- Author’s Name: Iris Black
- Kindle Kids Corner Reviewer Name: Merritt D.
- Author’s grade level: 8th
- Kindle Price:$0.99
Sam has it good! She’s popular, smart, and crazy talented! The best part though is her clan of friends, and it’s a plus that they are ALL boys! Only things are starting to change, and she’s starting to question if being one of the guys is preventing her from being with that special someone. Can she find a way to have her first love and still be one of the guys, or will she have to choose?
Find out in Iris Black’s short story, Just One of the Guys!
I recommend this book to teenage girls. It was a great read and I couldn’t put the book down! If you love to read, like me, I’m sure you will find this book very intriguing and surprising! I hope a lot of teens will read this book and enjoy it like I did!
- Educational Value: 4 out of 5 – On an education rating, I would have to give this book a 4. It teaches about friendship and how good friend are always there for you (whether you want them there or not in Samantha’s case) and sometimes the unsuspected big brothers aren’t always ready to trust others with their girl! (The boys in this book are totally protective over Sam! I would be scared to get on their or her bad side!) But this book doesn’t have a very strong educational standing on any other point in the book so I couldn’t rank it any higher.
- Entertainment Value: 5 out of 5 – On an entertainment standpoint, I would give it a 5! It was a great read! I couldn’t put this book down! It definitely kept me on my toes and threw some surprises at me which made the book much more interesting! I loved how the boys were like big brothers to Sam, whether she realized it or not! I truly enjoyed it!
- Device on Which This Book Was Read: Kindle
- Date Review Filed: April 22, 2011
- Teacher Name: Deana Rogers
- Date of Teacher Checkoff: May 5, 2011