- eBook Title: The Rivalry
- Author’s Name: John Feinstein
- Reviewer’s grade level: 6th
- Kindle Price: 10.99
- Kindle Kids Corner Reviewer Name: Campbell W.
The Rivalry is about two young reporters who are asked to write about the Army / Navy football game. They both write for the Washington Post. The book tells of the history and importance of both schools (Army and Navy). The pair thinks something is fishy. Is the biggest game in college football rigged?
This book is a good mystery. If you like sports, you should love this book. It shares with the reader that no matter what your age, you can do anything. I learned so much about United States history from this book. I came to be very fond of the two main characters, and I am sure you will too. The only thing I did not like about the book is the ending, which was a little disappointing. Overall though, it was a great book, and I loved it.
Notes from Vicki Davis, technology teacher: The student and I discussed the strange pricing on this book. As he says, “it is a rip off.” Currently, this book is priced less in paperback AND hardback than on Kindle. It took Campbell two days to read the book. What is the price such publishers pay in encouraging less eco-friendly alternatives?
- Educational Value: 3 out of 5 – I rate this book a 3 because it helped me learn how to figure out problems with other people. I also learned much more about football and the U.S Army and Navy units.
- Entertainment Value: 5 out of 5 – This book was very entertaining. It also kept me on my toes. I wanted to read it every extra second I had. It made me feel like I was part of the game itself.
- Device on Which This Book Was Read: Kindle
- Date Review Filed: 5/20/11
- Teacher Name: Deana Rogers
- Date of Teacher Checkoff: May 20, 2011